Chicken 65 is a boneless fried chicken but not your usual one as this one is spicy and hot, originating from Chennai, India this dish is usually served as an entrée or quick snack.
- 500 g boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- oil for deep frying
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
- 1 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 sprigs curry leaves, chopped
- 3 tbsp yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 egg
- 4 sprigs curry leaves
- 4 green chilies, sliced
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- In a non-reactive bowl combine all marinade ingredients.
- Add the chicken and mix it well, let it marinate covered in the refrigerator for around 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from the refrigerator then sprinkle and mix cornstarch and rice flour.
- Prepare a deep fryer heat to 180 then deep fry chicken for around 8-10 minutes depending on the thickness of the cut, do not overcook so chicken remains tender and juicy.
- Once cooked remove from deep fryer then place in a paper tower lined plate to drain excess oil.
- In a pan add a bit of oil then sauté curry leaves and green chillies, cook until crisp. Add the red chilli powder and the chicken, toss to combine. Serve hot.