Ginataang Talong is a Filipino dish of eggplant and pork cooked in coconut milk sometimes with green chillies
- 8 pcs Asian eggplants, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 300 g pork belly, cut into small cubes
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 200 ml coconut cream (kakang gata)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green finger chillies
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- Season pork with salt, set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a wok add oil then add pork pieces, brown pork pieces on all sides then set it aside.
- Sauté garlic and onions on the same wok then add the pork back, pour water and half of the coconut milk, bring to a boil then simmer in low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the remaining coconut milk, bring to a boil then add the eggplants and green finger chillies. Simmer in medium heat for 5 minutes or until eggplants are tender. Sauce will be thicker at this stage and become oily.
- Pour the coconut cream and simmer in low heat for 5 more minutes. Season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper.