This Hot and Sour Mushroom Soup with Bok Choy is inspired from the Asian hot and sour soup but instead of using meats we infused it with and array of different mushrooms to give it that earthy meaty edge missing from most vegetable soups.
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock
- 1 dozen oyster mushrooms
- 1 dozen shiitake mushrooms
- 1 dozen white button mushrooms
- 3 bunches baby bok choy, sliced
- 4 stalks spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 thumb size ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 red chillies, sliced
- 2 tbsp black vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- sesame oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Clean and slice your mushrooms. Set it aside.
- In a pot pour the broth and add the mushrooms, bring to a boil then simmer in low heat for 8 minutes.
- Add the bok choy, ginger and chillies continue to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Turn heat off then add the black vinegar, Sriracha and sesame oil.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then serve topped with spring onions.