Spanish Meatballs with Clams, Chorizo & Squid is a dish made out of a mixture of meatballs, chorizo, clams and squid cooked in white wine and tomatoes.
Spanish Meatballs with Clams, Chorizo & Squid
- meatballs (ingredients below)
- 300g chorizo, sliced
- 300g squid, pineapple cut
- 400g clams
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup pork stock
- 2 – 3 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- handful parsley, roughly chopped
- olive oil, for shallow frying
- 400g minced pork, 15% fat
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 small shallots, finely chopped
- 4 clove garlic. minced
- 2 tbsp dry sherry
- 1 egg
- In a pan melt butter then sauté shallots until soft.
- Add paprika and garlic then sauté further for a minute.
- Add the sherry then immediately after the breadcrumbs, stir to combine then turn heat off.
- Pour everything in a bowl then add the minced pork, mix it well with your hands then add the egg. Form into meatballs then set them aside.
- Using the same pan, wipe it with a paper towel then add a bit of oil and heat for pan frying.
- Fry meatballs for around 5 minutes just to lightly brown them on all sides. Once all meatballs are browned remove from pan then set them aside.
- Using the leftover oils, in the pan sauté garlic together with the chorizo. Cook for a minute in medium heat.
- Add the cayenne pepper then immediately pour in the white wine, pork stock and add the tomatoes, bring to a boil then add the meatballs and clams. Cover and let it simmer for 5 minutes in high heat.
- Lower the heat to medium then add the squid and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the chopped parsley then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.