Sautéed Spinach in Sesame Oil is a simple dish of spinach cooked in garlic infused sesame oil. A perfect side dish for any grilled meats particularly any of the Korean Barbecue
- 400 g spinach, stems trimmed and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp dark sesame oil, plus more to drizzle
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place wok in stove top, add dark sesame oil then sauté garlic with cayenne pepper in medium high heat.
- Add the spinach and cook until slightly wilted, turn heat to low.
- Add the sugar and soy sauce, mix then turn heat off. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and drizzle some dark sesame oil on top then serve.