Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops are made out thick cut pork chops with fat on, filled with three types of cheeses namely cheddar, mozzarella and parmesan together with some bacon and some seasoning.
- Fry bacon in pan until crispy, cool down and chop into small pieces
- In a bowl combine together chopped bacon 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, parsley and chilli powder. Mix then set aside.
- Prepare your pork chops by cutting a pouch lengthwise.
- Fill the pork with 1/3 of the cheese mixture and do it with the rest. Seal pork chops with either sewing a cooking twine or just by toothpicks.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then place in a cast iron griddle and grill over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side depending on the thickness of your pork chops.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top of pork chops then place the pork chops still in the griddle in a 220C preheated oven and cook for 5-8 more minutes until mozzarella is golden brown and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and remove the pork chops from the griddle, let it rest for 5 minutes prior to serving.