Buttermilk Fried Chicken is a type of fried chicken where meat is marinated in buttermilk making it tender and juicy compared to other preparation methods.
- 1 1/2 kg good sized chicken legs
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- Prick the chicken legs with fork all over.
- In a heavy duty Ziploc bag combine all marinade ingredients then add the chicken, close the bag and let it marinate for 6-8 hours in the refrigerator.
- Combine all coating ingredients in a large container that you can cover.
- Remove the chicken form the zip lock bag and drain any excess liquid.
- Place chicken in the container with the coating mixture making sure the chicken will not touch each over, close the container then shake it to coat your chicken evenly.
- In a prepared 180C deep fryer cook your chicken for 15 minutes or until is cooked and golden brown crispy.
- Drain chicken of excess oil, let it cool for 5 minutes then serve.