Geera Pork is a dish made out of bite sized pieces of pork cooked with cumin seeds and pepper then seasoned with other ingredients like pimientos, cilantro, garlic, onions and chillies.
- 1 kg boneless pork shoulders, cut into small cubes
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 birds eye chillies or any hot chilli, minced
- 1 tbsp green seasoning
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 2 cups water
- juice from 1/2 lime
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl combine tomato, 1/2 of the sliced onions, green seasoning, cilantro, birds eye chillies, lime juice, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the pork pieces and let it marinate for at least two hours.
- In a small baking pan lined with a baking paper add your cumin and roast in your oven until fragrant. Remove from oven and let it cool.
- In a large deep pan add oil then sauté garlic and remaining onions in low heat until onions turn light brown. Add the cumin and continue to cook for a couple of minutes in low heat.
- Add the pork and continue to cook while stirring until pork is coated with the cumin and onions.
- Add water bring it to a boil then cover your pan, simmer for 40 minutes. Turn heat to high remove the cover and continue to cook for 5 minutes or until liquid dries out. Remove from pan then serve.
If you cant buy green seasoning from where you are try to make them at home using this recipe