Kutsinta or kuchinta is an orange brownish sticky jelly textured rice cake made from a mix of rice flour (sometimes mixed with all-purpose flour), sugar and lye water served with freshly grated coconuts.
- In a bowl sift together rice flour, flour and brown sugar.
- Add water gradually until mixture is free of lumps and smooth.
- Combine hot water and annatto powder, mix well until free of lumps then combine it into the flour mixture together with lye water. Mix until colour is even.
- Pour mixture in individual lightly greased moulds then steam for 45 minutes or until cooked and firm.
- Remove from moulds then serve topped with freshly grated coconuts.