- Season whole chicken generously with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pan heat up small amount of olive oil then evenly brown all sides of chicken.
- Prepare a pot that can perfectly fit the chicken, place you chicken in this pot along with any oil from the pan.
- Add the milk, cinnamon, dried sage, lemon zest and garlic then bake in a 190C preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours occasionally basting it with the liquid.
- Remove from pot then serve like how you serve roast chicken.