After I saw this recipe at Jamie Oliver’s site I told myself I will making it someday, well that did not happen as my wife made it first before I did. It’s quite a straightforward recipe where you just place a browned whole chicken in a snug fitting oven safe pot filled with seasoned milk then baked until tender.
The milk is then turned into a savoury sauce after the lemon splits them into curd and liquid. Cinnamon, sage and garlic plays an important role where it adds pleasant aroma and mildly spice up the dish. The result is a unique roast that is very tender, juicy and definitely very tasty. Print
- Season whole chicken generously with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pan heat up small amount of olive oil then evenly brown all sides of chicken.
- Prepare a pot that can perfectly fit the chicken, place you chicken in this pot along with any oil from the pan.
- Add the milk, cinnamon, dried sage, lemon zest and garlic then bake in a 190C preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours occasionally basting it with the liquid.
- Remove from pot then serve like how you serve roast chicken.