Sloppy Joes is a type of sandwich made of minced beef, onions, tomato sauce and/or ketchup, Worcestershire sauce served on a hamburger bun.
- 1 kg minced beef (10% fat)
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 1/2 cups tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 green capsicum / bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- tabasco, as desired
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pan add oil then sauté garlic and onion. Once onions are soft add the beef and cook in medium-high heat until brown.
- Add the green capsicum stir for a minute.
- Add the beef stock, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce, stir to combine.
- Add brown sugar, chili powder, cayenne pepper, dry mustard and hot sauce. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir to combine then cook in medium low heat covered for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat then set aside.
- Spread butter on ciabatta then heat bread on a grill. Scoop a good amount of meat mixture to the bottom bread then top it with other half. Serve.