Cheesy Chorizo Sausage Rolls is not your average sausage rolls as these delicious creations are spiced up with chorizo meat and filled with a cheesy centre garnished with sesame seed this definitely gives tons of flavours to the usual stuff.
- 200g good sausage meat
- 200g chorizos, roughly chopped
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- handful parsley, chopped
- ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- freshly ground black pepper
- sesame seeds
- cheddar cheese, sliced into 1 cm x 1 cm x 4 cm portions
- Combine sausage meat, chorizo, parsley, onion and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well until incorporated.
- Unroll puff pastry and place an amount of sausage mixture in the middle of the pastry.
- Place cheese on top of the sausage meat mixture leaving 2 cm space apart.
- Tightly roll the pastry around the meat mixture then seal the ends.
- Brush top with beaten eggs then sprinkle sesame seeds on top, lightly press seeds so they stick.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to chill, this makes it easier to individually slice.
- Slice into 6 cm pieces, making sure the cheese is in the middle away from the edges then bake in a 200C pre heated oven for 25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.