Tomato Basil Cucumber Salad with Feta Cheese and Rice
If you’re looking for a light but satisfying side salad for your grilled meat, then this Tomato Basil Cucumber Salad with Feta Cheese and Rice is perfect for you. It’s like an all in one meal where you have your salad, cheese and carbs from the rice, definitely a dish that will complete any dry meat dish like those grilled, fried or roasted ones.
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice, room temperature
- 1 cucumber, de-seeded and cubed
- 2 large tomatoes, de-seeded and cubed
- 200 g feta cheese, cubed
- handful fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tbsp parsley, chopped
- juice from lemon
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl add rice, cucumber, tomatoes, feta, basil, and parsley.
- In a small bowl combine lemon, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Start whisking then slowly pour in the olive oil, continue to mix until well combined and emulsified.
- Pour dressing mixture over rice bowl, toss to combine then serve.