Today we will be making a simple Filipino vegetable dish called Ginisang Repolyo, with just cabbage, carrots and a little bit of prawns you have full dish you can serve with rice.
- 1/2 cabbage, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 300 g large shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- fish sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare a wok, turn heat to really high and once its smoking add oil then quickly stir fry shrimps for 30 seconds. Remove from wok then set aside.
- Sauté garlic and onions then add the carrots, continue to stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the cabbage then stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Pour chicken stock and oyster sauce, continue to stir fry until vegetables are wilted but still crispy and the liquid is reduced.
- Add the shrimps back then season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper. Serve while hot.