Curried Coconut and Seafood Chowder is the one we are making for today, it’s a good mix of different seafood’s like prawns, squid, fish and mussels in a starchy creamy curry based soup. Alongside with potatoes this dish becomes an all on one dish but what’s best is that this dish is very simple to make you can even use the frozen mixed seafood packs you can buy from your supermarket.
- 700 g Seafood Mix or any combination of shrimps, fish, mussels, squid, scallops, and lobster tails, etc.
- 2 large potatoes, cubed
- 1 red capsicum / bell pepper, cubed
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 1 litre seafood stock
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 6 pcs curry leaves
- 1/2 stalk leeks, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp butter
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a soup pot add butter and melt it in low heat, add the leeks, celery, garlic, ginger and curry powder then cook in low heat for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Sprinkle in the flour and cook while mixing until it forms a roux.
- Slowly add the seafood stock continuously stirring until smooth, add the potatoes and capsicum bring it to a gentle boil then simmer for 5-7 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add the seafood mix then simmer for 3 more minutes.
- Add the coconut cream and chopped parsley simmer for 2 more minutes, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then serve in bowls.