Chorizo, Tomato and Feta Pasta
Many years ago after realizing that the pastas role in Italy’s cuisine is just like rice in Asia it opened many possibilities on my end on how to treat pasta. It means I can just toss anything to it like you do with fried rice or even congee, having said that I am not anymore restricted with the carbonara, Bolognese and the Pinoy spaghetti. Since then I started to mix and match ingredients as a result I created several free style recipes that became a household favourite.
Today we will be freestyling again and I chose some Mediterranean flavours that will go well with it like chorizo’s from Spain, feta from Greece and roma tomatoes from Italy. The flavours mixed well together and the result was phenomenal, each elements on the ingredient list complement each other’s very well resulting to a simple yet amazing dish like this.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions
- In a skillet, add extra virgin olive oil then cook chorizos for 5 minutes. Remove from pan then set aside.
- Add garlic and onions, sauté until onions are soft. Add the chopped roma tomatoes and basil, cook until tomatoes are mashed and soft, add the red wine vinegar then turn heat to the lowest setting and cover pan, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the chorizos back then simmer again for 5 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, stir and cook for a minute then toss the cooked spaghetti. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Remove from pan then place in a serving platter topped with crumbled feta cheese.