- 1 kg boneless chicken thighs, sliced into 1 inch thick pieces then gently pounded with the back of a cleaver
- 4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp chilli powder, add more if you prefer it spicier
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp milk, chilled
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 cups salted corn chips
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- Burger Buns
- Cheese slices
- Mayonnaise (you can infuse this with some sriracha sauce)
- In a container that you can cover combine and mix well all marinade ingredients, cover then let it marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Combine all batter ingredients and mix until it’s even in consistency, it should be thick but still runny. Add more milk if needed.
- Place corn chips in a food processor, roughly grind for a few seconds do not pulverize it, texture should resemble bigger breadcrumbs. Mix in the breadcrumbs and place it in a plate.
- Dip chicken in the batter then roll it in the coating. Place in a flat container, do not stack together then place in the freezer for an hour.
- Prepare a deep fryer when oil hits 180C add the coated chicken and deep fry for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown and cooked inside.
- Prepare the buns by spreading some mayonnaise, then a cheese slice, then the freshly cooked chicken then top with lettuce. Serve while hot.