Thai Shrimp Stir-fry with Tomatoes and Basil is a simple stir fry of shrimps, tomatoes, pepper and Thai basil. It’s quite easy to prepare and cook, definitely in less than 15 minutes you have a freshly cooked stir fry that you can serve with steamed jasmine rice.
- 500 g large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium yellow capsicum / bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- handful of basil leaves
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- peanut oil
- In a small bowl mix and combine soy sauce, water, sugar and fish sauce.
- In a wok heat oil. Once oil is hot sauté garlic, ginger, and chilli flakes until really fragrant.
- Bring heat to really high then add the shrimps, stir fry until shrimps turn pink, roughly around 60 to 90 seconds. Remove everything from the wok place it in a plate then set it aside.
- Back to your wok, add more oil if needed then stir fry onions and pepper, cook for 2 minutes. Add the shrimps back then pour the sauce mixture you made on step 1, bring to a boil while stir frying to distribute the sauce evenly.
- Add the tomatoes and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the basil and lime juice then stir fry for 15 more seconds. Remove from wok then place in a serving platter then serve.