Pajeon is a savoury pancake filled with variety of meat and vegetables having spring onions as the prominent one. Batter is commonly made out of a mixture of eggs, wheat flour and rice flour.
- 2 potatoes, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 2 stalks green onions, julienned
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a sauce pan combine all dipping sauce ingredients, place in stove top and cook in low heat until brown sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, place in a serving bowl then set is aside.
- In a bowl combine flour, water, egg and salt mix well until texture is consistent then let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, carrot and green onions into the batter and fold, add water if needed then season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat up a skillet and add oil, pour a large scoop of the vegetable mixture into the skillet and pan fry for 4 minutes on each side. Repeat the process with the remaining vegetable mixture.
- Serve while hot with dipping sauce on the side.