Bistek Bangus is a Filipino fish dish where fish is first pan fried then served with a sauce made out of soy sauce, calamansi and onions.
- 2 pcs medium sized milkfish, sliced
- 2 large white onions, sliced to form onion rings
- juice from 3 lemons or 10 pcs calamansi
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- freshly ground black pepper
- Season milkfish with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a pan, heat oil and pan the milkfish.
- Remove milkfish from pan then set aside, now using the same pan sauté onions do not overcook.
- Mix together cornstarch, water and soy sauce. Once free of lumps pour mixture in the pan then bring to a boil. Add more water if you find it salty.
- Once the sauce boils add the lemon juice (adjust to the sourness you want), season with salt and freshly ground pepper then turn off the heat. Set aside.
- On a plate arrange milkfish then pour the sauce on top. Garnish with fresh onions.