- 750 g stewing beef, cubed
- 4 strips rasher bacon, roughly chopped
- 150 g farmer’s brown mushrooms
- 100 g button mushrooms
- 2 leeks, roughly sliced
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp flour
- freshly ground black pepper
- Season beef with salt.
- In a heavy bottomed pot add oil then brown stewing beef on all sides, remove from the pot then set it aside.
- Add the bacon then cook until crispy, add the garlic and red onions sauté for a minute then add the mushroom, continue to cook for a minute.
- Pour red wine and sprinkle the flour, mix until flour is well incorporated. Pour the beef stock and add the leeks and bay leaf, bring to a boil then simmer in low heat and cook for 1 hr and 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then simmer for 15 more minutes or until beef is tender.