Chicken Liver, Gizzard and Quail Eggs with Green Peas is a simple saute of chicken offal mixed with quail eggs, carrots and green peas in a mild creamy sauce.
- 500 g chicken gizzard, cut into bite-size pieces
- 300 g chicken liver, cut into bite-size pieces
- 15 pcs hard boiled quail eggs
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 cup cream
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a pot add 1 1/2 cups water and gizzard, bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes. Drain then set aside.
- In a skillet add oil then sauté garlic and onions, add the gizzard and liver then brown on all sides.
- Add the chicken stock, carrot and frozen green peas bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add quail eggs and cream simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then serve.
Quail eggs are one of my new favorites… And I have always loved chicken livers so… Sign this girl UP!