- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 225g butter (chopped)
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 ½ tbsp. cold water
- 2 shots espresso
- 1 cup cooked mashed pumpkin (about 225g of pumpkin)
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. salt
- For the pastry, mix the flour with salt in a large bowl, add the diced butter and knead together with your fingers. Start adding in the cold water 1 tablespoon at a time while kneading till the pastry is consistent.
- Shape the pastry into a ball and roll out on a lightly floured surface until pastry is just under ½ cm (1/8 inch) thick. Cut pastry roughly 4 cm (1 ½ inch) larger than the shape of the pie pan, and stretch into the pan. Trim off any areas that go over the pan’s edge.
- Preheat your oven to 200c (400F).
- In a mixing bowl, mix the mashed pumpkin with evaporated milk, espresso shots, eggs, spices and salt the mixture is consistent. Pour mixture into the pastry coated pie pan and bake for about 40 minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when a knife inserted at the center comes out clean. Enjoy!
Recipe by Jake Jones from the Rosso Caffe blog. We have created this recipe using our Gentleman coffee blend, visit our range of premium coffee blends here
Oh my!!!! That sure takes my breath away! Gotta try and make this soon…
This looks lovely. I’m making one, only one pie for Christmas and I need to pick just the right recipe. This is a contender.
What??? I’ve never heard of a pumpkin-espresso pie! It sounds fantastic!