Making this Creamy Chicken with Asparagus & Tarragon iis quite simple, you just need to sauté them and simmer in chicken stock until cooked. Original recipe serves it with potatoes, I added roasted cauliflower to the equation as I thought it was a good match for this dish as well.
- 6–8 pcs boneless chicken thighs
- 12 pcs white button mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 350 ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp dried tarragon
- 3 tbsp cream
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet add oil then brown chicken pieces on all sides. Remove chicken then set it aside.
- Add garlic and onions then sauté until onions are soft.
- Add the mushrooms, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken back together with the chicken stock and dried tarragon, cover the skillet then bring to a boil once boiling lower heat and gently simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and simmer for 3 more minutes.
- Stir in the cream, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve.
- Best if served with boiled potatoes and roasted cauliflower
Best if served with boiled potatoes and roasted cauliflower
Cream, eh? We’ve tried yogurt – a little sourish but nice. Here, asparagus is very expensive and it is not easy to get fresh buttons and they’re very expensive too – the ones in cans are not the same. 🙁
Amazing! Only, it’s difficult to find asparagus in my neighbourhood:)
Delicious dish and taragon is such an underused herb! not sure why but cannot leave a comment for the life of me when looking at your blog in Firefox???
Interesting it works on my Firefox, must be a version issue. Thanks for letting me know 🙂
I make something very similar to this but I don’t use asparagus. What a great idea! Now it’s a complete meal. Will be making this soon!
You can’t go wrong with chicken thighs in general, but you’ve really done them right with this dish. What a great weeknight dinner. Merry Christmas, Raymund!