Creamy Chicken with Asparagus & Tarragon
The minute I saw this recipe at BBC Goodfood I told myself I will be making one as soon as possible as me and my daughter are huge fans of creamy dishes. This Creamy Chicken with Asparagus & Tarragon is a simple concoction of chicken and asparagus served in a tarragon infused creamy sauce.
Making this is quite simple as well, you just need to sauté them and simmer in chicken stock until cooked. Original recipe serves it with potatoes, I added roasted cauliflower to the equation as I thought it was a good match for this dish as well.
- 6-8 pcs boneless chicken thighs
- 12 pcs white button mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 350 ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp dried tarragon
- 3 tbsp cream
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet add oil then brown chicken pieces on all sides. Remove chicken then set it aside.
- Add garlic and onions then sauté until onions are soft.
- Add the mushrooms, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken back together with the chicken stock and dried tarragon, cover the skillet then bring to a boil once boiling lower heat and gently simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and simmer for 3 more minutes.
- Stir in the cream, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve.
- Best if served with boiled potatoes and roasted cauliflower