Pineapple Braised Pork Ribs is not your usual Filipino dish but once in a while you will see this come out in some special occasions like family gatherings or birthday, while at this moment there are no special occasions we will be making this dish as I haven’t made them for a long time.
- In a deep fryer deep fry the potatoes until golden brown and crisp outside.
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic, onion and ginger.
- Add pork ribs and cook until lightly browned.
- Pour pineapple juice, chicken stock and soy sauce, bring to a boil then lower the heat and simmer covered for 1 hour, add water if necessary.
- Add the raisins and pineapples then continue to simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Add the potatoes, season with fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper then simmer for 5 more minutes.