Apple roses is a type of rolled pastry with layers of thinly sliced apples arranged to resemble apples. It’s quite easy to make especially with the use of pre made puff pastry preparing this will take you around 20 minutes. It’s a great snack desert it tastes like and apple pie but it looks better.
- Place sliced apples in a large bowl together with 2 tbsp of water, lemon juice and cinnamon, mix well so apples are covered with the cinnamon.
- Place apples in the microwave for 3 minutes to make then soft, this will prevent them from cracking once you roll the pastry.
- Dilute strawberry jam with 1 tbsp of water, mix well making sure it has an even consistency.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry lengthwise in 4 equal parts so you get 8 long rectangles from the 2 sheets. Get one of the cut pastry sheets then lay it on a clean surface with the long side facing you. Spread some of the diluted strawberry jam into the lower half of the pastry. Place apples on the top half by overlapping a slice on top of each other until it reaches the end of the pastry. Fold the bottom pastry to cover the top half then carefully roll, seal the edge, and place in a greased muffin cups.
- Bake in a 190C preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and fully cooked. Remove from oven then let it cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar on top before serving.