Pinakupsan are bite sized pieces of fatty pork belly is slowly cooked using its own fat instead of deep frying them with oil.
- 1 kg fatty pork belly, cubed
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- Place all ingredients in a wok, bring to a boil, cover the wok then simmer in low heat. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Open wok lid and continue to cook until water evaporates and oil starts to render, continue to cook until it starts to sizzle and the pork deep fries on its own oil. This might take somewhere around 15 to 20 minutes. Continue to fry until pork is crispy and golden brown in colour.
- Remove pork from wok using a slotted spoon, place on a plate line with paper towel then serve.