Lamb and Fennel Meat Sauce is a tomato based sauce made out of lamb, fennel and spices typically used for pasta.
- 600g minced lamb
- 1 large fennel bulb, chopped
- 2 x 400g cans Italian style chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- In a sauce pan add olive oil then sauté garlic, onions and celery.
- Add the minced lamb and cook until brown.
- Add the fennel bulb, rosemary and chopped tomatoes, bring to a boil then simmer while covered for 15 minutes or until sauce is thick.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then serve with your favourite pasta.