Before you start reading this article I would love to announce that Ang Sarap is nominated at Bloggys 2015, the Philippines’ premiere blog awarding event.
Who does not want to win the blog of the year?
So if you want Ang Sarap to win this voting is now open, just choose angsarap.net, what are you waiting for cast your vote here.
What’s good with Vegetable Curries is that there are no set rules what vegetables you use, any vegetables will do and every time it would definitely be perfect what brings it together are the spices used on your curry but with today’s ready-made paste you don’t need to make them from scratch. Take this Vegetable Curry post of our today for example.
This Vegetable Curry is made out of squash, courgettes, cauliflower and mushrooms flavoured by two different curry pastes the red one for heat and yellow one for spices. This is then simmered in coconut milk which gives that hot spice a mellow and creamy tone.
By the way before you head over to the recipe do you know that Ang Sarap and Tuttle Publishing is giving away 2 books which contains this recipe book Cafe Spice plus your choice of one books (worth US$25.00 and below) from the Tuttle Publishing range Competition is open for 2 weeks and we accept entries worldwide, just fill in your details on this competition page to join.
What are you waiting for, join now to win this amazing recipe book plus a book of your choice!
- 2 pcs courgettes, sliced
- 15 pcs small button mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ medium kabocha squash, cubed
- 1 red capsicum / red bell pepper, cubed
- 4 tbsp yellow curry paste
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 400ml cans coconut milk
- 2 tsp palm sugar
- 1 large onion, diced
- fish sauce or sea salt
- In a wok add oil then sauté onions and cook until it’s soft. Add red and yellow curry paste and continue to cook until it’s fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk, sugar, mushrooms and red capsicum bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the squash and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the courgettes, season with fish sauce and simmer for 2 more minutes.