Red Bean Bubble Tea is a Taiwanese hot or cold tea drink made out of red bean paste infused tea served with tapioca balls
- 1 cup black tapioca pearls
- 6 cups water
- 4 cups white sugar
- 2 cups hot water
- 12 bags black Tea
- 6 cups water
Red Bean Paste
- 150 g adzuki beans
- 2 cups + 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup sugar
Assembly (single serve)
- 1 1/2 cup black tea, chilled
- 2 tbsp red bean paste
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp cream
- ½ cup tapioca pearls, cooked
- ½ cup ice
- sugar syrup, to taste
- Place 2 cups water and red beans in pot, bring to a boil then simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the red beans are soft, drain. Place red beans, sugar and 2 tbsp water in a food processor then process until it becomes a smooth paste.
- In a pot combine all black tea ingredients together, bring it to a boil, once it starts to boil turn heat off then let it cool to room temperature. Place the liquid with the tea bags in a container, keep in the refrigerator until needed.
- In a pot boil 6 cups of water, add tapioca pearls and cook until soft. It will take around 25 minutes. Drain tapioca pearls, rinse with running cold water then set it aside.
- Make your syrup, combine hot water and white sugar, mix well until sugar is totally dissolved.
- Soak tapioca pearls in this mixture for 30 minutes. Drain reserving the syrup.
- Using a hand blender, per serving, pour black tea in a large glass together with the red bean paste then blend until mixed. Place the tapioca pearls, then pour the milk, cream and sugar syrup then top it with ice. Serve.
You can buy ready-made red bean paste so you don’t have to cook them at home
You can adjust the strength of the tea by adding or removing tea bags.