This Sweet Peanut Nuggets is a simple concoction of glutinous rice flour, sugar and peanuts and it was adapted from the Chinese dessert called “Tang Bu Shuai”, it came from the recipe book that we will be featuring today, Easy Chinese Recipes by Bee Yinn Low.
- 8 oz (250g) glutinous (sticky) rice flour
- ¾ cup (185 ml) water
- Water, for boiling
- 3 tablespoons roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped, to garnish
- 3 oz (75g) ground peanuts
- 3 oz (75g) fine sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- Add the glutinous rice flour in a big bowl and pour the water slowly, kneading it while adding water until it forms a dough. The dough is ready when it’s no longer sticky and the surface becomes smooth, about 10 minutes. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions and roll them into two cylinders. Cut each cylinder into 12 equal pieces.
- Gently roll each piece of the dough into a ball shape using both palms.
- Mix all the ingredients for the coating until in a bowl. Set aside.
- Bring the water to a boil in a pot. Gently transfer the glutinous rice balls into the boiling water and boil until they float to the top, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the rice balls with a strainer or slotted spoon, shake off the excess water and then coat them generously with the coating. Garnish the sweet peanut nuggets with the chopped roasted peanuts and serve immediately.