Banana Cinnamon Nutella Muffins
This muffins looks boring at first sight, when you see them you will have the same feeling of being served with those mini cinnamon baked donuts you just want to get them when there’s no other option but don’t be fooled by its looks, there is something hidden inside.
Nutella is the secret weapon here and like my Peaches and Cream muffins the surprise only shows after you have the first bite and it is so satisfying. I got this idea when my wife told me to make some Peaches and Cream muffins for a potluck but we don’t have the right ingredients so I have to improvise so using the same concept but different ingredients.
By the way before you head over to the recipe do you know that Ang Sarap and Tuttle Publishing is giving away 2 books which contains this recipe book Nong’s Thai Kitchen plus your choice of one books (worth US$25.00 and below) from the Tuttle Publishing range Competition is open for 2 weeks and we accept entries worldwide, just fill in your details on this competition page to join.
What are you waiting for, join now to win this amazing recipe book plus a book of your choice!
- 2½ cups flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 65g butter, softened
- ½ cup caster sugar + some for topping
- 2 eggs
- 2 large overripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 small tub banana yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- confectioners’ sugar
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- In a large bowl beat butter and caster sugar together until fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, sour cream and yoghurt then stir bananas.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon then stir mixture gently with the butter egg mixture to combine.
- Place into a greased muffin pan then place a heaping tablespoon of Nutella in the centre. Sprinkle some caster sugar on top.
- Bake in a 180C preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine white sugar and cinnamon, brush tops of muffin with melted butter then dip muffins on cinnamon sugar mixture.