This Banana Cinnamon Nutella Muffins looks boring at first sight, when you see them you will have the same feeling of being served with those mini cinnamon baked donuts you just want to get them when there’s no other option but don’t be fooled by its looks, there is something hidden inside.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 65g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar + some for topping
- 2 eggs
- 2 large overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 small tub banana yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- In a large bowl beat butter and caster sugar together until fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, sour cream and yoghurt then stir bananas.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon then stir mixture gently with the butter egg mixture to combine.
- Place into a greased muffin pan then place a heaping tablespoon of Nutella in the centre. Sprinkle some caster sugar on top.
- Bake in a 180C preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine white sugar and cinnamon, brush tops of muffin with melted butter then dip muffins on cinnamon sugar mixture.