Passionfruit and Lychee Cheesecake is a no bake cheesecake infused with lycheese and topped with sweet and tangy passionfruit pulp
- 2 170 g canned passionfruit pulp
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 pcs 250 g packs cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups thickened cream or whipped cream, chilled
- 4 tsp unflavoured gelatine
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 500g canned lychees, drained and chopped
- 8 pcs lychees
- Combine all ingredients and make sure its mixed well and butter is evenly spread throughout the crushed crackers, press it in a 9 in pie pan.
- Chill in fridge for around 20 minutes.
- In a sauce pan combine cornstarch and water, mix well to dissolve.
- Add the passionfruit pulp and sugar, mix well then heat gently until sugar dissolves and sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat then set aside to cool down.
- Place softened cream cheese in a bowl together with sugar and vanilla extract, now using an electric mixer beat the cheese until thoroughly mixed.
- Dissolve gelatine in hot water then let it cool for a while. Once cooled down add into the cream cheese mixture, continue to beat until mixture becomes fluffy.
- Now add thickened cream and chopped lychees then fold until it’s evenly mixed.
- Pour over the prepared crust.
- Top it with the Passionfruit Sauce then with lychees. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.