Chicken Lollipop is type of chicken preparation where meat from a chicken wing segment is pushed all the way through one end of the bone to form a spherical shape resembling a lollipop. From there it can be breaded, marinated, deep fried or prepared in any way you want in Philippines we usually just lightly bread then and deep fry, once cooked the bone end that acts as a handle is wrapped with aluminium foil.
- In a bowl mix thoroughly eggs and fish sauce.
- Add chicken in the egg mixture. Cover the bowl and marinate it for at least 3 hrs.
- In a bowl with cover, mix flour, cornstarch, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and salt.
- Dip the chicken in the flour mixture and using your hands press the meat end and try to form it into a ball shape, adding more flour in the process. Repeat for remaining chicken then set them aside.
- Heat up oil in a wok and once the oil is hot bring down the heat to medium then add chicken pieces one at time. Cover the wok and let it deep fry for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked and golden brown.
- Serve hot with chicken gravy, tomato ketchup or barbecue sauce.