Broccoli and Shiitake in Oyster Sauce is a dish made out of Broccoli and Shiitake quickly stir fried in a sweet savoury Oyster Sauce infused with garlic, it can be enjoyed on its own, with rice or even as a side dish with some meats.
- 1 broccoli head, cut into florets
- 6 pcs dried shiitake mushroom, rehydrated in 1 1/2 cup hot water
- 3 tbspoyster sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ground white pepper
- 1 jug of boiling hot water
- 1 tsp salt
- Place broccoli florets in a heat proof container then pour hot boiling water and salt. Cover for 2 minutes then drain and rinse in running cold tap water. Set this aside.
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic.
- Add shiitake mushrooms then stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Combine 3 tbsp of water you use for rehydrating mushrooms, oyster sauce and sugar. Pour mixture into the wok then quickly add the broccoli. Let the liquid boil then quickly stir fry in really high heat for a minute.
- Season with ground white pepper then serve.