Pinais na Hipon is a dish made out of prawns, pork and coconut meat wrapped in banana leaf then cooked in coconut milk.
- Place shrimp shells and heads in a large mortar, add the 1/4 cup water and gently pound it with the pestle extracting the juices. Drain using a fine sieve, reserve the liquid.
- In a bowl combine grated young coconut meat, shrimp, skinless pork belly, birds eye chillies, garlic, shallots, shrimp juice, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place 3 tablespoonful of the pork and shrimp mixture on top of a prepared banana leaf. Fold sides to form a secure packet then set it aside.
- In a wide pan or a large wok place banana packets in a single layer then pour the coconut cream and coconut milk. Cook while covered in medium heat for 15 minutes. Drain and reserve the liquid.
- Remove from pan then place into serving platter. Serve with the reserved coconut sauce on the side.