Cheese Puto are little steamed cakes topped with cheese. It can be served with butter or grated fresh coconut on the side and can be enjoyed anytime of the day.
- Beat eggs whites using a hand mixer until really fluffy,
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl, set aside. Add egg yolks and all remaining wet ingredients. Mix until even in consistency.
- Fold in the flour mixture into the beaten egg whites and once even in consistency pour into lightly greased moulds (i.e. ramekin, muffin pan or puto moulds) 2/3 full. If using salted duck eggs place them on top.
- Place in steamer and steam for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Time will depend on how big your put is.
- Place slices of cheese on top right after the puto is cooked.