This Cherry Tomato, Basil, Spinach and Parmesan Pasta is easy to make and even though its meat free it has a tons of flavours from the bursting sweet and sour cherry tomatoes, aromatic basil and umami filled Parmesan you will never search for that usual protein source you are used to.
- In a large pot bring water to a boil and under cook pasta according to packet directions until al dente. Drain reserving 3/4 cups water, set pasta aside.
- In a pan add olive oil then sauté garlic in low heat.
- Add the tomatoes and oregano and cook while gently stirring tomatoes for 2-3 minutes, don’t flatten the tomatoes just leave it as it.
- Add the pasta and stir while adding water gently until you achieve the consistency you want.
- Toss in the basil, spinach, chilli flakes and parmesan cheese, mix to coat it evenly.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, turn heat off then serve garnished with red pepper flakes and more parmesan cheese.