Egg Fried Rice is a type of fried rice mixed with scrambled eggs and sometimes vegetables like green peas, corn and spring onions. It’s a common rice dish served on Chinese restaurants in fact this type of fried rice is the base for most fried rice recipes. Its quick, it’s easy and a delicious alternative to that usual rice you always have.
- 5 cups cold leftover rice
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 stalks spring onions, chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic until it turns golden brown.
- Add rice and corn, bring heat to high and continue to stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the peas and stir fry for 2 more minutes.
- Push the rice on the sides of the wok to make a well in the middle then pour the eggs together with sesame oil, cook eggs until nearly dry then quickly mix it with the rice mixture.
- Add the spring onions and light soy sauce, stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.