Fish, Prawn and Vegetable Soup
It’s really cold here now from where I am so I am making some soup today out of anything I can find in my fridge. Like any soups this is just a dump everything you want in a pot, no complex steps necessary and since this is a seafood dish it cooks quickly and in 20 minutes or less you’re on your way to sipping a really savoury dish to warm you up.
Fish, Prawn and Vegetable Soup is our recipe for today and it consists of fish, prawns and some vegetables in a chicken stock base, enjoy it on its own but you can also serve it with noodles or rice.
- 350 g shrimps
- 650 g white fleshy fish, cubed
- 1 cup crab balls (optional), sliced
- 6 pcs dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated and sliced
- 1 cup soya beans (edamame)
- 150 g sugar snap peas
- 2 bunches bok choy, chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 3 stalks spring onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- white pepper
- fish sauce
- In a pot add oil then sauté garlic, ginger and white parts of spring onions.
- Add the crab balls and shiitake then stir fry until, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, water and soybeans then bring it to a boil, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimps, fish, sugar snap peas, bok choy and spring onions bring back to a boil then simmer for 4-5 more minutes or until fish is cooked.
- Season with fish sauce and white pepper then serve.