I haven’t seen any recipe of this online so I will be claiming it as an Ang Sarap original– and call it Pizzalette.
So what is it?
Pizzalette is a breakfast dish where pizza and omelette are combined together. So is it a pizza or it is an omelette? Well you decide but basically this dish is made with an egg base topped with pizza ingredients like pepperoni, bell pepper, mushroom and cheese. This was the first version I tried, let’s call it Pepperoni Pizzalette and it worked like a wonder, next time I will try other toppings that are found in common pizza, how about some Hawaiian Pizzalette or Meat Lovers Pizzalette, the options are endless.
If you can make omelettes this is easier as you don’t have to flip the eggs jut top it up with your favourite ingredients place in a hot oven for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese and you’re ready to go.
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup grated mozzarella
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 15 slices pepperoni
- ¼ green capsicum
- 5 pcs mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ white onion, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- Pre heat oven, in grill mode on its highest setting usually 230C.
- In an oven proof pan, add oil then sauté onions.
- Add pepperoni and cook for a minute.
- Add the capsicum and mushrooms then cook for one more minute. Remove everything from the pan then set aside.
- Using the same pan add oil if necessary then pour the eggs. Turn heat off the residual heat is just enough to cook the bottom.
- Place your precooked toppings then top it with mozzarella and Parmesan. Place in the oven and cook for 2-3 minutes or just until the cheese melts. Remove from oven, season with freshly ground black pepper and salt (if needed then serve) immediately.