Pizzalette is a breakfast dish where pizza and omelette are combined together. So is it a pizza or it is an omelette? Well you decide but basically this dish is made with an egg base topped with pizza ingredients like pepperoni, bell pepper, mushroom and cheese.
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup grated mozzarella
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 15 slices pepperoni
- 1/4 green capsicum
- 5 pcs mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- Pre heat oven, in grill mode on its highest setting usually 230C.
- In an oven proof pan, add oil then sauté onions.
- Add pepperoni and cook for a minute.
- Add the capsicum and mushrooms then cook for one more minute. Remove everything from the pan then set aside.
- Using the same pan add oil if necessary then pour the eggs. Turn heat off the residual heat is just enough to cook the bottom.
- Place your precooked toppings then top it with mozzarella and Parmesan. Place in the oven and cook for 2-3 minutes or just until the cheese melts. Remove from oven, season with freshly ground black pepper and salt (if needed then serve) immediately.