Salmon and Wilted Spinach with Cream Sauce is a dish made out of wilted spinach topped with baked salmon served with a creamy sauce infused with lemon, a full dish on its own but you can also add some rice or bread on the side.
- 2 pcs salmon fillets
- 250 g baby spinach
- 1/4 cup cream
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp flour
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper then drizzle some olive oil on top. Place in a baking paper lined baking tray then bake in a 180C for 15 minutes. Then crank up the heat to 230C, set in grill mode then continue to cook for 5 more minutes or until salmon is cooked and flakes easily.
- While salmon is cooking, wilt spinach by pouring boiling water over it in a colander, drain then set aside.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter in low heat. Add shallots and sauté until soft.
- Add flour then mix until it forms a roux.
- Slowly add white wine while mixing, then add the cream and continue to cook until you have a smooth sauce.
- Add the lemon juice, mix to combine then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Turn heat off.
- Place half of the wilted spinach on plate, place a salmon fillet on top then pour sauce on top. Serve.
This is right up my alley. Love salmon and spinach. I’ve never made a cream sauce with it, but it sounds delicious!!
Yum, salmon is one of my favorites. Perfect for a weeknight dinner.
I lovely simple salmon dish – funny I have posted a salmon dish today:-)
Now that’s what I call a great meal! The cream sauce just bring everything together.