Salmon and Wilted Spinach with Cream Sauce
Looking for something quick and easy to prepare for dinner on busy night? Well making this Salmon and Wilted Spinach with Cream Sauce takes almost the same amount of time going to a fast food or ordering a delivery to your home, what’s best is that it’s healthy and freshly made.
Salmon and Wilted Spinach with Cream Sauce is a dish made out of wilted spinach topped with baked salmon served with a creamy sauce infused with lemon, a full dish on its own but you can also add some rice or bread on the side. Preparation is next to none as you just need to blanch the spinach and bake the salmon, the only biggest effort is making the sauce which is quite simple as well.
- 2 pcs salmon fillets
- 250 g baby spinach
- ¼ cup cream
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 shallots, finely chopped
- ½ cup white wine
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp flour
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper then drizzle some olive oil on top. Place in a baking paper lined baking tray then bake in a 180C for 15 minutes. Then crank up the heat to 230C, set in grill mode then continue to cook for 5 more minutes or until salmon is cooked and flakes easily.
- While salmon is cooking, wilt spinach by pouring boiling water over it in a colander, drain then set aside.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter in low heat. Add shallots and sauté until soft.
- Add flour then mix until it forms a roux.
- Slowly add white wine while mixing, then add the cream and continue to cook until you have a smooth sauce.
- Add the lemon juice, mix to combine then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Turn heat off.
- Place half of the wilted spinach on plate, place a salmon fillet on top then pour sauce on top. Serve.