Pineapple fried rice is a Thai style fried rice made out of rice with pineapples and prawns, you might find the combination of ingredients weird but if you had tasted Thai dishes then you would say that this would make sense as it follows the basic principle of Thai dishes, the right balance of hot, sweet, sour and salty flavours.
- 4 cups leftover cold cooked rice
- 300g shrimps, shelled and deveined
- 1 can pineapple chunks or equivalent in fresh pineapples
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- fresh coriander, finely chopped
- In bowl mix together fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and turmeric. Set it aside.
- In a wok add oil and stir-fry shrimps for 1-2 minutes or until cooked, remove from wok then set it aside
- In the same wok add oil then sauté garlic until golden brown.
- Add the rice and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the fish sauce mixture and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the pineapples, chilli, cashew, spring onions, cayenne pepper, shrimp and coriander, stir-fry for 2 more minutes then serve.
Raymond, this looks very delicious. I will certainly be making this very very soon.
YUM! That looks so tasty. I love how pineapple brightens up savory dishes.
Your pineapple fried rice has blown my normal fried rice right out the window. I love this!
Would never have considered chucking some pineapple into my rice, but hot dang…. sounds delicious.