Pineapple Fried Rice
Pineapple fried rice is a Thai style fried rice made out of rice with pineapples and prawns, you might find the combination of ingredients weird but if you had tasted Thai dishes then you would say that this would make sense as it follows the basic principle of Thai dishes, the right balance of hot, sweet, sour and salty flavours. Having said that this dish is not just a play of taste as well as senses, there are different interesting textures on this dish on every bite from soft and juicy to something crunchy.
Are you up for it? Well try it out it’s not just a good balance of great flavours it’s also and all in one meal.
- 4 cups leftover cold cooked rice
- 300g shrimps, shelled and deveined
- 1 can pineapple chunks or equivalent in fresh pineapples
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
- ½ cup cashew nuts
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- fresh coriander, finely chopped
- In bowl mix together fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and turmeric. Set it aside.
- In a wok add oil and stir-fry shrimps for 1-2 minutes or until cooked, remove from wok then set it aside
- In the same wok add oil then sauté garlic until golden brown.
- Add the rice and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the fish sauce mixture and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the pineapples, chilli, cashew, spring onions, cayenne pepper, shrimp and coriander, stir-fry for 2 more minutes then serve.