Italian Chicken, Mushroom, and Zucchini Skillet is a simple dish made out of chicken, mushroom, courgettes and sun dried tomatoes cooked in tomato sauce, it’s cooked in one pan and can be enjoyed on its own, with a crusty bread or pasta.
- 1 kg chicken legs and thighs
- 2 zucchini/courgettes, sliced
- 12–15 pcs white button mushrooms, sliced in half
- 2 cans Italian style diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- handful fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt, to taste
- olive oil
- In a large pan add olive oil then sauté garlic and onions.
- Add the chicken and brown on all sides.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the sundried tomatoes, diced tomatoes, red wine vinegar, fresh basil, dried oregano, dried parsley and red chilli flakes. Cover the pan then bring to a boil then simmer in medium low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper then continue to simmer for 5 more minutes.