Italian Chicken, Mushroom, and Zucchini Skillet
If you are thinking about Italian dishes pasta and pizza first comes to our mind but did you know there are tons of other options in the Italian cuisine? To give you some idea on what those are have you tried any of these? Fritti, Frutti di Mare, Scaloppini, Tripa alla Romana, Risotto, Gnocchi, Osso Buco and Caponata, if not then start doing so because you are missing a lot, remember Italian cuisine is one of the best cuisines out there.
Today we will be sharing one of those non pizza non pasta Italian recipe, a simple dish made out of chicken, mushroom, courgettes and sun dried tomatoes cooked in tomato sauce, it’s cooked in one pan and can be enjoyed on its own, with a crusty bread or pasta.
- 1 kg chicken legs and thighs
- 2 zucchini/courgettes, sliced
- 12-15 pcs white button mushrooms, sliced in half
- 2 cans Italian style diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- handful fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt, to taste
- olive oil
- In a large pan add olive oil then sauté garlic and onions.
- Add the chicken and brown on all sides.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the sundried tomatoes, diced tomatoes, red wine vinegar, fresh basil, dried oregano, dried parsley and red chilli flakes. Cover the pan then bring to a boil then simmer in medium low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper then continue to simmer for 5 more minutes.