Italian Chicken, Mushroom, and Zucchini Skillet is a simple dish made out of chicken, mushroom, courgettes and sun dried tomatoes cooked in tomato sauce, it’s cooked in one pan and can be enjoyed on its own, with a crusty bread or pasta.
- 1 kg chicken legs and thighs
- 2 zucchini/courgettes, sliced
- 12–15 pcs white button mushrooms, sliced in half
- 2 cans Italian style diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- handful fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt, to taste
- olive oil
- In a large pan add olive oil then sauté garlic and onions.
- Add the chicken and brown on all sides.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the sundried tomatoes, diced tomatoes, red wine vinegar, fresh basil, dried oregano, dried parsley and red chilli flakes. Cover the pan then bring to a boil then simmer in medium low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper then continue to simmer for 5 more minutes.
I was in Naples a few months back and the fritti was sooo amazing! We didn’t have time to venture out of pizza and pasta, we couldn’t get sick of them!
Oh yummo. It reminds me of cacciatore, but better with the chunky vegetables. Love that it is a one pot wonder too. Big fan of not having to do epic amounts of dishes. 😀