I learned making this homemade Sausage and Beans back when I was still studying, we usually make this for pulutan or a quick dinner its inexpensive, nutritious and delicious all you need is a large can of baked beans, some sausages or hotdogs and onions.
- 2–3 pcs large cooked sausages / hotdogs, sliced
- 1 400 g can baked beans
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sugar
- In a pan add oil then sauté garlic and onion
- Add sausages or hotdogs then stir fry for a minute.
- Add the baked beans, sugar and salt, bring it a boil then simmer in low heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn heat of then serve.
MMmh, comfort food at it’s finest.
I love sausage and beans! We make a white bean variety almost weekly.
I remember my mum cooking this long ago., Gee! Gotta whip that up soon, haven’t had for a long time. Love your bowl!
YUM! One of my favorite meals. My mother use to make it like this with canned baked beans. I’d forgotten all about that. Thanks for the memories. 🙂