Many are confused about Teppanyaki being a type of dish rather than a cooking style. It is a popular method of cooking in the Japanese cuisine that uses an iron griddle to cook food like steaks, shrimp, okonomiyaki and yakisoba to name some.
- 800 g rump steak, cut into small cubes
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- toasted garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- freshly ground black pepper
- Sprinkle salt and freshly ground pepper over beef then let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat up a large flat-iron skillet and brush a small amount of oil.
- Place beef turning over once it browns on one side. Once all sides are brown add the soy sauce and mix it to distribute the flavour evenly.
- Add the butter then, let it melt and mix it with the beef. Remove from skillet and place on a plate.
- Sprinkle toasted garlic on top, serve with garlic rice and sautéed bean sprout.