Grilled Peach Salad
Once you grill fruits for use in your salad you won’t go back, the grilling gives the fruit a lot of flavour by caramelizing that sugar that melts once it hits the hot grill. You can do this with fresh peaches, nectarines, plums, pineapple, watermelon and banana to name some and from there just cool it down and use with your favourite salad leaves mixed with some salty cheese, nuts and other dried fruits.
That’s what we specifically had done with today’s post, we grilled some fresh peaches tossed it with some mesclun leaves, added some goats cheese feta, dried cranberries and some honey vinaigrette dressing to top it all up.
- 4 ripe peaches, sliced, pits and skin removed
- 100 g mesclun
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 75 g goats cheese feta
- olive oil
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt
- Combine and whisk all Dressing ingredients together in a small bowl then set aside.
- Lightly brush peach slices with olive oil then grill in high heat, grill each side for 1-2 minutes or until grill marks appear. Remove from grill, set aside and let it cool.
- In a serving platter place mesclun, grilled peaches, dried cranberries and goats cheese feta, drizzle with salad dressing then gently toss and serve.