Three Ingredient Strawberry Jam
Third day of the three ingredient week courtesy of my daughter and this time she is making some strawberry jam. Strawberry jam is really near to my heart since it was the main produce in Baguio, the place where I lived when I was in the university, this was also the one I usually gave to my grandmother when I visited here back in Manila. I remember I used to snack on this a lot as it’s quite cheap from where I but them, I just need a really hot pandesal and a good spread of this is all it takes to fill my hungry tummy every afternoon.
There are a lot of jam recipes out there but this jam is quite different, it is similar to the consistency to the ones I had tried in Baguio where you get some chunky bits of strawberries.
- 1½ kg fresh strawberries, tops removed
- 4 cups white sugar
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl combine sugar, lemon juice and 1 kg of strawberries.
- Using your hand gently mash the strawberries until all juices come out.
- Add the remaining strawberries then give it a good mix.
- Pour the mixture in a sauce pan then bring it to a boil, lower to simmering heat then cook until its thick in consistency while occasionally stirring.
- Place in sterile jars then refrigerate.