Strawberry jam is really near to my heart since it was the main produce in Baguio, the place where I lived when I was in the university, this was also the one I usually gave to my grandmother when I visited here back in Manila. I remember I used to snack on this a lot as it’s quite cheap from where I but them, I just need a really hot pandesal and a good spread of this is all it takes to fill my hungry tummy every afternoon.
- 1 1/2 kg fresh strawberries, tops removed
- 4 cups white sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl combine sugar, lemon juice and 1 kg of strawberries.
- Using your hand gently mash the strawberries until all juices come out.
- Add the remaining strawberries then give it a good mix.
- Pour the mixture in a sauce pan then bring it to a boil, lower to simmering heat then cook until its thick in consistency while occasionally stirring.
- Place in sterile jars then refrigerate.