This Cabbage and Squid Stir Fry does not take a lot of time preparing once it hits the hot wok it will not take more than 10 minutes to cook, definitely it will cook faster than your steamed rice on a rice cooker.
- 3 large squid tubes (roughly 15cm in length), sliced
- 1/3 head savoy cabbage, chopped
- 5 pcs dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated in 1 cup of hot water and sliced
- 3 pcs dried red chillies, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 shallots, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- toasted sesame seeds
- Season squid with salt. Set aside.
- Combine mushroom liquid, soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch and mirin, set aside.
- In a wok add oil then stir fry squid in high heat for 2 minutes or until its cooked. Remove the squid from wok then set aside
- Bring heat to medium then add the garlic, ginger and shallots, then sauté for a minute.
- Add mushrooms and chillies then stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Bring heat back to high then add the cabbage then stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Pour the mixed liquid and bring it to a boil and let the sauce thicken this will take around 2 minutes, add the cooked squid and mix to combine. Turn heat off.
- Season with if needed then serve garnished with toasted sesame seeds.